If you have had a payday loan that you struggled to repay, you could be eligible for thousands of pounds in compensation. Many customers have been approved loans that they could not afford and found themselves in tricky positions trying to repay them – often topping up their loans and paying extra late fees.
What Companies Can I Claim From?
Payday Loan Compensation, what's it all about?
You may be entitled to payday loan compensation if you can relate to any of the below.
1. Fees or charges not clear?
When you took out your payday loans were the charges and associated fees made absolutely clear to you?
2. Unable to pay bills?
Your payments for the payday loan were so large that you struggled to pay for your monthly essentials like bills or mortgage payments.
3. Rolling over loans?
You had to take out a further payday loan to pay the initial one back, supporting unaffordability.
4. Lenders taking automatic payments?
Automatic payments being taken from your account put you in difficulty to pay other essentials.
5. Encouraged to borrow further?
Lender’s ‘good customer’ offers promoted regular use and the ability to get better deals the more you borrow.
6. Unfair lending
Despite clearly not being able to pay the first loan back, your lender continued to offer more through consolidation.
Your Claim Is In Good Hands
Since their conception in 2013, Allegiant Finance Services Ltd have clawed back over £50m in financial mis-selling claims.
Why Could I Be Given a Payday Loan Refund?
If you have taken out a payday loan and one or several of the following statements applies to your circumstances you may be entitled to compensation.
- During your application process, you may not have mentioned all of your debts and If this didn’t match with your credit record, the lender should have ensured to reaffirm this.
- It is possible that you underestimated your monthly expenditure due to guesswork or eagerness to be eligible for your loan, and in such circumstances, if your figures appeared too low, your lender should have explored their reliability further.
- At the time of your application did you have a regular income? If you were self-employed during this period or even had overtime that fluctuated, the lender should have looked at this.
- Did you have evidence of recent applications for credit or previous problems on your credit record? Guarantor loans are specifically targeted at those with bad credit scores, however, the lender should have been conscious of whether your situation appeared to be worsening.
- Whenever you topped up an existing loan, your lender should have ensured to run another set of checks concerning whether this was affordable. Had you missed any previous loan repayments? Had your finances deteriorated since your first loan? If so, the lender should have addressed the fact that their current loan could be unaffordable and as a result, capped any more lending.
- The firm may only have carried out a brief affordability check on you because of your guarantors circumstances. Regardless of your guarantor’s financial status, the loan needed to reflect your personal repayment potential.
Have You Been Mis-Sold a Payday Loan?
If you believe that you were mis-sold a payday loan, you now have the opportunity to request a refund.
- Whilst you may have really needed the loan at the time, you may have found yourself in a worse financial position as a result and the loan should not have been granted in the first place.
- If you already had a loan with a lender and needed to borrow extra money, you may have been given extensions or top-ups, without adequate checks, only to put you under more financial pressure.
How It Works