Smart Pig Mis-Sold Loans - How Do They Work?
If you have had a loan with Smart Pig in the last 5 years and you struggled to repay this, you could be eligible for a nice compensation payout.
Smart Pig specialise in short term loans for students, with some very high rates, charging as much as 800% representative APR.
However, across the UK, there have been thousands upon thousands of cases where individuals have taken out high cost loans and have been unable to pay. In some cases, lenders have granted loans without sufficient checks to income, credit status and affordability. If the individual borrower cannot afford to repay, there are added fees and a negative impact to their credit score.
Furthermore, you may have been offered a top-up, rollover or extension, but perhaps further checks were not taken as they should have been.
If you have trouble repaying your loan, you could be eligible for Smart Pig compensation, where if you submit your claim online, the lender will review your case and if approved, you could receive the full loan amount, interest and some compensation on top.
If you think you were mis-sold a Smart Pig loan, we are here to help. We have partnered with Allegiant Finance Services who will successfully package and submit your claim directly to the lender, with a no-win-no-fee promise.
Our partners carry out all the administration and paperwork and can fast-track your claims submission for you. You will typically hear back within a few weeks and if successful, you could reclaim several hundreds or thousands of pounds. To get started, simply click on ‘start your claim’ below.
DID YOU KNOW:
You could be owed thousands of pounds in compensation from a mis-sold Smart Pig loan if you struggled to repay or had to take out further loans on top. Every lender in the UK should carry out sufficient checks to ensure their customers can repay their loans, but this may not always be the case. If you had trouble repaying your loan, you could be owed compensation.
Forces Compare Has Partnered with Allegiant Finance Services
Forces Compare has proudly partnered with the established Allegiant Finance Services to help submit your Smart Pig loan reclaim. Allegiant have been trading since 2013 and they have successfully recovered more than £50 million worth of mis-sold claims for their customers who were owed compensation.
Am I Eligible for a Smart Pig Loan Refund?
If you have taken out a Smart Pig student, payday or short term loan and one or several of the following statements applies to your circumstances you may be entitled to compensation.
- During your application process, you may not have mentioned all of your debts and If this didn’t match with your credit record, the lender should have ensured to reaffirm this.
- It is possible that you underestimated your monthly student expenditure due to guesswork or eagerness to be eligible for your loan, and in such circumstances, if your figures appeared too low, your lender should have explored their reliability further.
- At the time of your application did you have a regular income? If you were self-employed during this period or even had overtime that fluctuated, the lender should have looked at this.
- Did you have evidence of recent applications for credit or previous problems on your credit record? Short term loans should not always be targeted at students and the lender should have been conscious of whether your situation was getting better or worse.
- Whenever you topped up an existing Smart Pig loan, your lender should have ensured to run another set of checks concerning whether this was affordable. Had you missed any previous loan repayments? Had your finances deteriorated since your first loan? If so, the lender should have addressed the fact that their current loan could be unaffordable and as a result, capped any more lending.
- The firm may only have carried out a brief affordability check on you because of your circumstances. Regardless of your financial status, the loan needed to reflect your personal repayment potential.
Have You Been Mis-Sold a Smart Pig Loan?
As a student you may have needed some extra money, potentially to buy books, to stay on top of your household bills or for any other personal expenses. But using high cost loans comes with risks, especially for students who rarely have a stable income.
If you struggled to repay your loan, had to top it up or get additional finance on top, you could be in a position to get Smart Pig loan compensation.
If the loan put you under greater financial pressure and made your situation worse off, you could be eligible to receive a full refund on the loan amount, interest and some additional compensation on top.
To check your eligibility, simply click on ‘Start Your Claim’ below and you can complete your information in just a few minutes. With a quick turnaround time, you will often receive a resolution within a matter of weeks.
Why Use Forces Compare For Your Smart Pig Claim?
- No Win, No Fee
- Success Fee: 30% inc VAT Of The Cash You Receive – Not Debt Deductions
- Cancel For Free (Success Fee Applies To Any Offer We Secure Before Cancellation)
- Fast Resolution (up to 8 weeks)
- High Uphold Rate
How It Works