Compare Dog Insurance
Through our partner you can access up to 15 UK pet insurance providers. Fill in one form and let Quotezone do the rest.Apply Now
As seen in:
If you’re the owner of a dog, you may find yourself needing more pet insurance cover than you would for other kinds of animals.
Why? This is because generally speaking, vet treatments for dogs are more expensive than treatments needed for other kinds of household pets. As a result, carefully consider what kind of cover your dog will need before choosing a policy.
- Search up to 15 UK providers for free.
- Immediate results with no obligation.
- Complete the entire application online.
- Both puppies and older dogs eligible.
- Policies can cover your dog’s death due to illness or accident, expenses incurred if your dog goes missing and more.
What Kind of Dog Insurance Cover Can I Get?
The majority of dog insurance policies will provide you with cover for the following:
- Vet treatment: enabling you to claim back the cost during the term of your insurance policy.
- Death: many insurers pay the purchase price of your dog if they die due to an illness or accident.
- Straying or theft: if your dog is stolen or goes missing, you can claim on your policy for the purchase price of your pet.
- Boarding fees: you can claim on your policy if you go into hospital and can’t look after your dog.
Compare Dog Insurance With Forces Compare
Forces Compare can help you find great deals on dog insurance cover from up to 15 different providers. Our online application is free to complete and can be finished in a matter of minutes. When filling in our online form for pet insurance, we’ll need a few details from you, including the following:
- Your name.
- Your dog’s name.
- Your dog’s gender.
- Whether your dog has been neutered.
- Whether your dog has been chipped.
- When you would like the policy to start.
Third Party Liability Cover for Dogs
Third party liability cover is only available to dogs, and it could help to provide you with significant financial protection if you have to pay legal costs or compensation due to your pet.
It provides cover if your dog:
- Damages another person’s property.
- Injures or kills another person.
While we were founded to help those in the armed forces, our services can also be used by veterans and civilians, meaning everyone can use our site to compare great deals on insurance and finance.
Dog Insurance FAQs
Do I really need third party liability cover?
Yes, it is highly recommended that you have this kind of cover, given the significant amount of money it can save you if the worst case scenario happens.
Is third party liability cover included in a standard dog insurance policy?
It is with many policies, but not all of them. If it is not, it is usually possible to add it to your policy.
Can I get dog insurance for an older dog?
Yes, but you may find that the cost of insurance is more expensive, as they are more likely to get ill or suffer an injury.
Will dog insurance cover existing conditions?
In most cases, no. However, some insurers will cover conditions if your dog has not had any symptoms for a minimum of at least two years.
Is it possible to get dog insurance for a pedigree?
Yes, but keep in mind that the cost of a policy may be higher due to pedigree dogs being more prone to illness.
Are there any exclusions to dog insurance?
The exclusions will vary from insurer to insurer. However, it is common for insurers to stop enabling you to claim for death cover due to illness or injury if the dog is over a certain age, usually eight years old.
How do I make a claim on my dog insurance policy?
To make a claim, you will need to send in a claim form with documents to your insurer.
What will affect the cost of my dog insurance policy?
The price you end up paying can be determined by factors such as:
- If your dog has pre-existing medical conditions.
- The age of your dog.
- The cost of your dog.
Is it possible to get a multi-pet dog insurance policy?
Yes, most insurers enable you to do this, and it can usually be less expensive than getting two individual policies.
Does dog insurance include dental treatment?
It can, but it does not always come as standard with dog insurance policies, so you should always check the details of any policy you are considering before applying for it if dental treatment is something you want cover for.