Get a quote from 100’s of insurance providers:
Why Should I Get Pet Insurance?
Getting pet insurance is vitally important as if your pet becomes unwell, injured or is lost, a pet insurance policy can help to provide considerable financial protection. Without having an insurance policy for pets in place, it could end up putting you out of pocket, sometimes by tens of thousands of pounds.
Different Kinds of Pet Insurance Cover
When deciding on the right pet insurance policy for you, it is important to consider how much cover you require, and how much cover you will for vet treatment should the situation arise. Types of cover include:
- Maximum benefit: a condition that will be covered for a set limit, and not over this amount. Typically, this can be around £8,000 to £10,000.
- Time limited: a policy that allows you to make a claim for a specific condition for a specified period of time. Typically this is 12 months.
- Accident only: a policy that only provides cover for an accidental injury
- Lifetime: this is the most comprehensive pet insurance policy available, enabling you to claim for a specified amount (such as £15,000) for every year of your pets life, for any condition.
What Animals Can You Cover for Pet Insurance?
It is possible to get pet insurance for the following animals:
- Exotic pets
Why Compare Pet Insurance With Forces Compare?
Forces Compare can help you find amazing deals on covers, including cat insurance, dog insurance, multi-pet insurance or more. We search over 15 different providers to find the most suitable cover for your pet. Our application is quick and simple to complete, and will offer you no obligation quotes.
We were originally set up to help those in the armed forces get access to the best deals on insurance and finance. Our services are also available to veterans and civilians, helping everyone to find insurance and finance that best suits their needs.
Compare quotes from a range of providers!
Using a comparison system can compare quotes for puppy insurance or older dog insurance, kitten insurance or cat insurance, and you’ll have various levels of cover to choose from for your animal.
Fast, secure and free
It doesn’t matter whether your pet is a pedigree or a cross-breed, either – we can still help compare quotes from a panel of insurance providers to help you find a great deal.
Pet Insurance FAQs
Pet insurance can cover you for:
- Vets fees
- Complementary treatments following an accident or injury (with certain policies)
- Death of your pet
- Lost and found cover
- Third party liability (dogs only)
- Boarding fees
It is generally recommended to look at getting a more comprehensive policy, as they have a greater chance of suffering from hereditary diseases as they age.
It is recommended that you get as much cover as you can. Some insurers provide as much as £12,000 a year.
Not necessarily, therefore always check the terms and conditions of policies if this is something you would like to have included.
Not always, some insurers will remove cover for the death of a pet if it reached beyond a certain age, typically over eight years old when it died, or had to be put to sleep.
Yes, it is possible, and it is recommended to look for up to £2,000 cover for vet fees as well as £2,500 for cancellation.
The price you will pay for pet insurance will depend on the following:
- The cost of your pet: pedigree pets tend to cost more on policies than crossbreeds
- If they have any pre existing medical conditions
- The age of your pet
- The type of pet you have
It depends, but in many cases insurers will not provide cover in this scenario. If they do, the cost of pet insurance is usually higher.
Typically the insurer will settle vet treatment fee claims directly with the vet practice. Alternatively, the claims are paid into your bank account.