Armed Forces Tax Refunds

Forces Money is a friendly, Veteran run business, specialising in military tax refund advice for the armed forces, whether you serve in the British Army, Royal Navy, RAF, Reserves or even a Veteran.

Advice with a deep understanding of Military life.

Forces Compare has teamed up with Forces Money – a tax rebate specialist company based in Bristol. Forces Money have been working to collect rebates for serving and ex-forces personnel since 2015.  Founded by two ex-Paras and working with a chartered accountant with over 30 years experience the company have extensive knowledge in talking to both military personnel and HMRC.

As a Forces Money client, you will not only receive outstanding customer service from a dedicated and knowledgeable team, but the full trust that the procedures and processes routinely undergo exhaustive inspections from HMRC to ensure that the company are following the correct guidance.

Forces Money work passionately to claim back what you are owed based on your service, commutes and postings. So far they’ve serviced thousands of military personnel and paid out over 6 million pounds in rebates!

[vc_single_image image=”1133″ img_size=”full” style=”vc_box_shadow”]


With over 12 years of industry experience, Simon has worked as a financial advisor, an independent broker, and at one of the UK’s major banks; both as a mortgage advisor and a banking manager.


[list style=”2″ icon=”icon-check”]
Served in the military in the past 4 years and
[/list][list style=”2″ icon=”icon-check”]
Been on temporary postings for 2 years or less and
[/list][list style=”2″ icon=”icon-check”]
Used your own car at your own cost to get home?
[/list][vc_empty_space][vc_btn title=”Start your claim” style=”flat” shape=”square” color=”green” size=”lg” align=”center” link=”|||”]

Fill out an application form at Forces Money and we will let you know if you have a claim.

Who’s not eligible?

Anyone who has been on a permanent posting intended to last for more than 2 years from the outset.

Anyone who has been out of the military for over 4 years.

NOT SURE – DON’T WORRY – It is entirely free to check with us just fill out an application form at Forces Money to find out. It is always worth checking!

Military Tax refund FAQs.

[vc_tta_accordion style=”outline” shape=”square” color=”black” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”How often can I claim?” tab_id=”1562232264977-61970758-b31c”]

You can claim the past 4 tax years if you are eligible and then each year after that again if you are eligible. We will remind you each tax year and let you know if another claim is due.

[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Will my tax code change?” tab_id=”1562232265050-ed8ae6f2-ae1f”]

Your tax code is used by your employer or pension provider to work out how much income tax to take from your pay or pension. The code is worked out by HMRC. If your tax code changes just let us know and we will make sure it is corrected – this is all part of our aftercare service.

[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Can I get an estimate?” tab_id=”1562232458203-26dc936e-ff61″]

We can provide a rough estimate during the process but this is of course an estimate and very much depends on your taxes being up to date and sufficient taxes paid during your employment.

[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What are your fees?” tab_id=”1562232476207-4bcc170c-bcde”]

We charge 25% + VAT for any rebates successfully claimed.

[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Can I claim if I receive GYH/HDT?” tab_id=”1562232495515-581638b1-cb22″]

Yes as long as the amount you received did not fully cover your travel costs

[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What is a Temporary Posting?” tab_id=”1562232525277-357711b3-c802″]

This is a posting you have served at and only expected to be there for 2 years or less from the outset.  If factors changed and you were eventually extended to over 2 years we can still class this as a temporary posting.

[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Are you qualified accountants?” tab_id=”1562232544345-88a58946-ce6e”]

Your rebate is processed and submitted by Cameron Accountants Ltd who are fully qualified chartered accountants with over 30 years experience dealing with HMRC.

[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How long does the process take?” tab_id=”1562232569063-e29674d1-1319″]

From receipt of your 64-8 form and your P60s and application form the whole process takes approximately 8-12 weeks.

[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How will I get paid?” tab_id=”1562232596731-85315e3d-7d7a”]

We will transfer your rebate directly into your bank account. Once we have confirmation of your payment we will request your bank details so that we can transfer it over to you within 2-3 working days.

[vc_btn title=”Start your claim” style=”flat” shape=”square” color=”green” size=”lg” align=”center” link=”|||”]