Compare Lifetime Pet Insurance
As the name suggests, lifetime pet insurance will cover your pet for their ‘lifetime’ and offers the highest level of cover available for insuring dogs, cats and all other domestic pets.
Also known as ‘lifelong insurance,’ lifetime pet insurance gives you cover for rest of your pet’s life and it keeps rolling year-after-year providing that you pay the annual premium. This level of cover allows you to make claims every year up to a certain limit e.g up to £12,000 per year.
Use our comparison table provided to compare lifetime pet insurance across the whole of the industry in the UK. Get the best rates through Forces Compare and get cover for your pet usually on the same day that you apply.
How Lifetime Pet Insurance Works
Purchasing lifetime pet insurance cover means that you will have financial protection against the cost of potentially very expensive vet treatments for your animal, for their whole life. It works in the following way:
- Your insurer will usually implement a claim limit (typically £10,000 – £12,000) to help cover the vet fee costs should your pet become ill or injured.
- The claim limit amount will renew annually, so you can receive cover for any condition that your pet could suffer from during this time
- Your pet will receive cover till they die, providing you keep up with insurance payments.
How to Find the Best Lifetime Pet Insurance Cover
It is worth considering the following points when deciding to purchase a lifetime pet insurance policy:
- If at all possible, aim to buy the policy whilst your animal is still young and healthy as it can become harder to get cover as they get older and have more conditions
- Consider how much cover you would need for the animal you have (e.g £10,000 per year)
- Think about the potential costs you might need for your pet’s death, theft, third party liability and any boarding fees
- Always compare quotes for lifetime pet insurance policies that have the cover you require
- Check for exclusions, since some insurers may not cover certain dog breeds or cats when they are 8 years or over. See cat insurance for more information.
Lifetime Pet Insurance FAQs
What animals can be covered by lifetime pet insurance? It is possible to cover any pet under this policy including dogs, cat, hamsters, rabbits and horses.
What if I have a pedigree pet, is it possible to cover them with lifetime pet insurance? Yes, in fact, it is highly recommended to apply for lifetime cover given that pedigree pets tend to have a higher chance of having hereditary illnesses, which can often be expensive to cover.
Is it possible to cover for the same condition annually with lifetime pet insurance? Yes, this kind of cover renews annually, meaning that you do not have a limit per condition.
Is it possible to get lifetime pet insurance for my older pet? Yes, but keep in mind that it could be far more expensive, and a number of insurers impose a maximum age limit on their lifetime pet insurance policies, typically eight years old for cats and dogs. See dog insurance for more.
Does lifetime pet insurance also include existing medical conditions? No, most insurers will not cover existing medical conditions, but certain insurers will do if your pet has been symptomless for at least two years.
Does lifetime pet insurance include dental treatment? No, not necessarily, therefore always check with your insurer individually if this is cover that you would require.
Can lifetime pet insurance include complementary therapies? Yes, there are a variety of policies that will provide cover for extra therapies if they have been referred by your vet for further treatment.
What can affect the cost of lifetime pet insurance? There are a range of factors that can impact the cost of a policy, including:
- The type of pet you have
- The breed
- The age of your pet
- If they have any existing medical conditions
How can I claim on my lifetime pet insurance policy? If you need to make a claim, you can send in a claim form with supporting documentation to your insurer.