1. Twenty Percent Discount at Nandos UK
Everyone loves a ‘cheeky Nandos’, so on your next visit to get some succulent grilled chicken, show them your ID when placing your order and receive a 20% discount off the cardholder’s starter, main meal, drink and dessert.
2. Unlimited Free Travel on Manchester Metrolink
Regular or reserve forces are able to travel for free from 9:30am Monday to Friday until closing, all year round. This offer includes all day on all weekends and Armistice Day, Remembrance Sunday and Armed Forces Day, as long as you are in procession of your military ID Card (You DO NOT have to be in uniform to redeem).
Just present your ID card to the ticket inspector, if requested to do so.
3. Free London Travel
You can apply to join the Veterans Concessionary Travel Scheme in London if you are:
- a veteran getting financial help under the War Pensions Scheme
- a veteran getting regular financial help under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- a war widow or war widower getting financial help from the War Pensions or Armed Forces Compensation Schemes
Under the Veterans Concessionary Travel Scheme, you will be issued with an Oyster photocard. You can use this to travel free at any time within London on the bus, underground, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), tram and London overground services.
You can find out more information about this scheme by contacting Transport for London. Anyone else can get free travel on the London network if you’re in uniform and carrying MoD Card 90.
4. 10 Percent Discount Barbour UK Shops
Barbour have a 10% off in-store forces discount. Show your military ID MOD90 to claim your discount.
5. Free Entry to Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle & Holyrood House
You and up to four members of your family and friends can take a tour of these locations totally free. It is best to phone in advance, to make sure they are open and allowing public in during the hours of your arrival.
All you are required to do is go to the ticket office upon arrival and produce your ID card.
6. Free Tickets for Troops
Gain free entry for yourself plus up to 10 people, to some of the country’s best events and gigs. Just sign up at the Tickets For Troops website.
- Each member is entitled to one account only.
- The registered member must be in attendance at the event but they may use the additional tickets to take friends and family along as their guests.
- You are allowed up to 10 first come, first serve events per year.
- Tickets are available for collection from the venue and you will be required to present your MoD 90 (Service ID) at the box office to receive your tickets.
- All first come, first serve events will require a £4.50 booking fee.
7. Ten Percent Off at Charles Tyrwhitt
Need a new suit, shirt, tie or formal wear? Anyone in procession of their MoD Card is entitled to a 10 percent discount in store.
8. Free Cheese Burger
Some McDonald’s stores offer a free cheeseburger with any main meal you order when you present them with your MoD Card 90. Some stores are franchise and it is down to manager discretion, so they may not provide this offer, so it is best to just ask.
What would have made it on your list? If you know of a discount or freebie available to the Armed Forces, please share and leave a comment.
If you found this article useful, why not go checkout Jak Brew Co. where you can checkout the latest tactical outdoor drinking gear.
Picture: MoD/Crown Copyright